Raiders legend Marcus Allen says NFLs RB situation is almost like collusion as he stands up for Josh Jacobs

Please leave your Comment about our site here.
ymakerpi8d
United States of America

Raiders legend Marcus Allen says NFLs RB situation is almost like collusion as he stands up for Josh Jacobs

Post by ymakerpi8d »

is arguably the most valuable player on the , which is why the franchise quickly placed the franchise tag on him.The problem? Jacobs doesn't have any fully guaranteed money after this season, nor a long-term deal after leading the in rushing yards last year. Given the state of the market and the devaluing of the running back position, Jacobs getting that long-term, guaranteed deal seems highly unlikely., who has been in Jacobs' corner through the years, understands the situation surrounding Jacobs. Needle s to say, one of the league's greatest running backs ever -- and Raiders legend -- is not happy Andre Ethier Jersey . "I'm just going to say it -- it's almost like collusion," Allen said, "They decided that the running back position is one that their productivity is only for a short period of time, instead of looking at each and every one individually. They've decided, as a group, that they're not going to pay them."So, I can understand what (they are) thinking and what they're feeling. So, hopefully things get resolved. Because to me, (Jacobs is) like the heart and soul of the team." Jacobs Ross Stripling Jersey already has two Pro Bowl selections and two seasons rushing for double-digit touchdowns. He was the first player in franchise history to win rushing the title since Allen in 1985, rushing for 1,643 yards and 12 touchdowns -- and his 2,053 total yards from scrimmage also led the league. Jacobs has three 1,000-yard campaigns in his four seasons, while being fourth in the league in rushing Jackie Robinson Jersey yards (4,740) and tied for third in rushing touchdowns (40) in that span. CBS Sports HQ Newsletter Your Ultimate Guide to Every Day in Sports We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay informed and get a winning edge. I agree to receive the "CBS Sports HQ Newsletter" and marketing communications, Kenley Jansen Jersey updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. There's a reason why Jacobs seeks a long-term deal with guaranteed money. He's earned that payment based on his resume.The running back position is devalued and the money just isn't there for performance and team reliability (see and his new deal with the ). Jacobs basically has two options for this season -- play on the $10.091 million franchise tag or rework a one-year deal with the Raiders for more guaranteed Corey Seager Jersey money before going through this proce s again in 2024. Jacobs is caught between a rock and a hard place, with an end not appearing to be in sight. is getting the first-team reps at running back in Jacobs' absence.